Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A follow up story

Yenge came yesterday....She thanked me for the apple pie and the pogaca...she told me that she told the guests..*I dont have a living daughter..but ı still have a few daughters to help me..for example this Malaysian bride*.. I am not trying to promote myself or anything..that is not the point...

The point is... it must be hard for an elderly woman..living alone...having lost her husband and children years ago.....and to continue life alone. I think in occasions like this, she does feel the pressure of what she is missing coz when women get together, they gossip...they talk about their husbands..about their children..their grandchildren....and yenge..has only the memory of her husband and children..Yes, true..she has us...we can be considered as her children and our children can be considered as her grandchildren..

BUT are the feelings the same as her having her own children..her grandchildren? Someone to make loads of noises...someone to mess up her extremely tidy and clean house? someone to drive her crazy? Someone to shout to....?? She accepts her fate...She is not complaining...Allah is the Almighty after all...but for us still living...a reminder to myself as well...we should make an effort to visit her more often and what not..Life is after all enriched with the enrichment of the Silaturrahim..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[BollediSapone] Graphics Link