Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cheeseeeeeeeee

ahhhhhhh cheeeeeeseeeeeeee.. i think i have mentioned in one of my entries entitled *food* a bit about it.. if i am not mistaken, there are about 130 types of cheese in turkey.

Frankly speaking, i am not too much a fan of cheese. However, türks r...and if have noticed..i am married to one (heheh)..so whether i like it or not... there will be some sort of cheese on the table...in the dishes i cook..and over the years... i get used to it ..

I can count the cheeses i like..I like kaşar peynir...this cheese is a bit like cheddar cheese but much much firmer in structure..my fav is the one by sütaş...i think that is among the best one u can find on the market. (pic? i forgot to snap one ..u can use ur imagination right?)

Beyaz peynir.. or if u translate it..it will be white cheese..

My fav beyaz peynir is the one i buy from pazar..Az yaglı one..beyaz peynir is used in a lot of things... for one..it is somehow a must have for breakfast..the other usage of it is for making börek..used as a filling..u rarely find a turkish family not having beyaz peynir in the fridge..

The other one is tülum peynir..
This is made from goat's milk..so the smell may not be to ur liking.. it has this milky salty taste that if u eat it with simit...it is wonderful indeed. I like to eat it with honey or strawberry jam..

My favourite favourite cheese of all is called dill peynir. I think it is mozarilla in english..


The best type of dill peynir is when u can peel the cheese like the picture below..it is in strands How do u eat it??????
As demonstrated by my hubby...Yup!! This is how u enjoy the cheese... Very unladylike but who cares!! i simply adore it..

5 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of The House said...

OMG I love cheese!!! And that stringy one looks sedapppppp!

4:49 AM  
Blogger simah said...

Queen..

memang sedap..n among the least salty one among cheeses..ada setengah tu kalu mkn kena ada air sebelah...boleh tersedak..

9:23 AM  
Blogger sue said...

nak sikit...me too..cheese lover

12:04 PM  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

reminds me of my student days in wisconsin, we always get the cheese-reeze!

2:25 PM  
Blogger simah said...

traveller

jom mai istanbul..bole kita borong cheese..

mama rock

whatz ur fav among the cheeses?
eh u pernah tak makan yg cheese yg kat holland tu..kat luar tu depa bubuh wax kaler merah la..kaler kuning la..

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[BollediSapone] Graphics Link