Sunday, April 09, 2006

My First Blogging Experience..

After the kids were born, my days were filled with nothing else but of dealing with the family and the household chores..i surfed the internet just to read my emails or read the news from the online Malaysian newspaper...until a few months ago...i realized...

Yup...my kids are growing up. They dont need me to boss around them as i used to...i started to get bored....i am not working...so i dont have a job to go to...not that i want to even...even if i want to work...i cant leave the kids to any babysitter.. and can i bear to part with them more than 2 hours? that is an unimaginable thought!!

Until one day that is........, a friend of mine mona sent me an email telling me that itique has created an Interactive Community Site for our TESL 6 . Yup..a community for our own tesl 6! ...we used to have a mailing list (again itique was responsible for it), but it is not working anymore due to addy change. Itique could not reinstate the list.Itique then came out with the interactive site idea...yup..i registered there and so are a few of us from the same batch...the last number was i think 35 people? It was great after all these years to be able to exchange news...pictures...stories even general knowledge of things with each other... i got hooked up with the site....the magic of internet...it brings close so many people together regardless of the boundries..

But the Site was for all..i wanted something personal. I asked itique how to set up my own homepage... Her reply was..*do u want to open a homepage or a blog*? homepage? blog? is there any difference? until that question, i didnt know that there is such difference between a homepage and a blog..in fact, I heard the word blog mentioned a few times but i always thought a homepage is a blog...blogging was a new term for me.. since blogging looks so much simple to me, i told itique to show me how to create a blog... she game me the blogger addy...and from there onwards... from not knowing what a template is even...i learned and am still learning to do many things i never thought possible... (by disturbing people of course to ask questions..till i drive people crazy hehehehe-sorry for that..)...till this stage..my rusty mind is up and functional again...i feel alive again....a toy to play with....

At this stage, our TESL 6 Intereactive Community is not available since the lightning has struck our server. (TESL 6 PEOPLE PLeASE NOTE). Itique and Hubby (the server belongs to him) are trying to find ways to find the same hard disk so that they will be able to retrieve the main data without needing to go to data retrieval centre which will cost a lot......It is an old hard disk model...so if anyone knows of where to find such a thing in KL or Selangor...please do tell me...I will convey the info to itique..

I thanked many people for helping me with the blog.. but I forgot to thank the person who first introduced me to the art of blogging....someone who was my coursemate, my workmate when i worked part time while at university, my roomate (who endured all those phone calls in the middle of the nights...or very very very early in the mornings) ..and now one of my dearest friends (who i still drive nuts hehehe).....Thank You itique..aka Mrs Dragon.. for your help to enrich my dull life!! And of course NOT FORGETTING... Mona...for letting me know about our Community site and for giving me constructive criticism and support on my personal blog from the very very beginning... THANK YOU DEAR FRİENDS!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything to copy????

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[BollediSapone] Graphics Link